WESTBOROUGH, Mass. — Westborough church groups and other organizations will join forces Saturday, Feb. 9, to package more than 41,800 meals for Worcester County food services.
The group will meet at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Westborough from 1 to 5 p.m.
This program is run through Kids Care, the food packaging division of Outreach Incorporated, according to a news release.
"Kids Care food packages reverse the starvation process, help restore health and improve a child’s mental and physical alertness," the release said.
Anyone is welcome to attend, and donations are still being accepted to purchase meals for packaging. Each meal costs 25 cents.
"Each package provides six nutritionally complete servings to feed the starving children around the world and the hungry here at home," said the release.
Participating groups are:
- Chapel of the Cross, Westborough
- Congregation B’nai Shalom, Westborough
- The Congregational Church of Westborough
- First United Methodist church, Westborough
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Westborough
- St. Luke’s Roman Catholic Church, Westborough
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, Westborough
- Unitarian Universalist Congregational Society of Westborough
- Westborough Freemasons Lodge
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Worcester County Chapter
- Christ the King Lutheran Church, Holliston
- Kohl’s of Northborough